Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Holding Finley for the first time!

Hi again everyone!  Fin and I had a huge surprise this morning... when I walked into the NICU our wonderful nurse told me it was time to hold Finley!!  He is still intubated and I was told how strict the neo-natolgists are about holding intubated babies so I asked her what had changed and she said simply, "it's time and you both need it."  The doctors were convinced we could handle it and so after some tearful hugs, they placed him against my chest, skin to skin and we sat and rocked for 2 1/2 hours!  Rick came to the hospital as soon as he found out what was going on and the three of us enjoyed some wonderful time together.  What a difference a day makes!  



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Daria,
    Congratulations to you and Rick! You're holding Finley for the first time on my birthday :) From the looks of the recent photos Finley has so much heart and soul. Much love to you both!! XOXO Mikki

    ReplyDelete